Bürck Kraftwagenspedition GmbH & Co. KG

History

1900: Hermann Bürck takes over a local coach service in Achern.
1900-1928: Rapidly expanding, the Bürck carriage operation soon consists of five coaches and eight draft horses. The reliable driver Bürck is appointed to the court in Karlsruhe  to  transport prominent passengers, including the grand-ducal couple and the Empress Augusta.
1928: Konrad Bürck takes over the business, and the organisation of the company is largely carried out by his wife Anna.
1929-1945: The company is motorized. In 1939 the last draft horse retires and the fleet consists of five trucks. The main activity is the transportation of wood and building materials.  During the war, trucks are requisitioned for fortification works.
1945-1948: Reconstruction of the business. Werner Bürck, Sr. and his wife Johanna enter the family business. Werner Bürck, Sr. works as a truck driver.
1948-1949: Thanks to the organizational skills and the commitment of Anna Bürck, one of the first Bürck trucks is still in service in 1948. The company grows along with its fleet. After the currency reform in Germany the company moves into the Berliner Straße.
1949: Bürck is awarded the concession for nationwide freight transportation.
1950-1960: Bürck extends its activity to the international level: the first loads go abroad on behalf of Achern liquor and wine cellars to Italy via the Brenner Pass.
1950: The company transports raw materials and finished goods  for glass factories. This is the beginning of an important partnership that will later give rise to a commitment in the glass recycling industry.
1953: Konrad Bürck retires from the company due to health reasons. His wife Anna and his son Werner Bürck, Sr. continue working together successfully and thus expand the business.
1960-1975: Thanks to the far-sightedness of Werner Bürck, Sr., the fleet is upgraded with tank-trucks. The growing company moves for the second time into the newly created industrial area of Achern.
1975: For nearly five decades, the Senior Director Anna Bürck has been leading the company with great success. As a reward for her accomplishments, on the 75th anniversary of the company, she is presented with with the Golden Badge of Honour by the German Long-distance Freight-traffic Association.
1978: The current chief executive Werner Bürck, Jr. joins the family business.
1990-2000:

The Bürck trucking company also invests its efforts more and more in transport activities in the environmental field, such as the disposal of ash from waste incineration. The fleet is enlarged with dump-trucks and state-of-the-art walking-floor vehicles. The company becomes a highly-specialized partner in the disposal industry, taking care of logistics and also the entire treatment of glass waste.

The annual capacity for the treatment of glass waste reaches up to 90,000 tons. The recycling of reusable materials from waste is gaining importance in our society and for our economy.

2000: The company is celebrating its 100th anniversary. On the occasion of the celebration, the current chief executive is awarded with the Golden Badge of Honour by the  German Long-distance Freight-traffic Association.
2000-today:

The fleet includes steel dump-trucks and covered trailer-trucks. The former carriage operator developed itself over its 100 year-long history into an important link in the recycling chain. In light of this background of innovation and experience, the Bürck Group is facing the emerging challenges of the future with confidence.

We can meet the constantly increasing quality requirements of our customers to their fullest satisfaction. Our annual capacity is still increasing and currently reaches 100,000 tons per year. Thus we contribute to saving valuable energy, and actively contribute to CO2 reduction. Thanks to the cooperation between the Bürck Trucking Company and the Trading and Recycling Company, we can offer both the preparation and the recycling of glass waste.